What Is The Best CPAP Machine For You
Continuous positive airway pressure therapy is a machine that helps someone diagnosed with obstructed sleep apnea to breathe more easily while sleeping. A CPAP machine functions by increasing air pressure in your throat so that your airway does not collapse when you breathe in. A CPAP device includes a mask that covers your nose and mouth and prongs that fit into your mouth. If you are looking for a solution to improve your sleeping disorder, read more here to learn what treatment would be the best type of anti-snoring device for you.
These are some features to consider when getting a new CPAP machine
This refers to the ease of use of your machine.
- Cleaning and maintenance ease: Most of the CPAP delivery systems are designed to be easy to maintain and clean. Some devices and their accessories are easier to clean and maintain than others.
- Portability: If you are a casual traveler, you will want to look at how easy it will be to use when you are about to travel (size, adapters, weight. portable battery with adapter, TSA endorsement, and removable humidifier).
- Manual or automated altitude adjustment: This is a great feature for people who live in a higher altitude on a regular basis.
- Heated tube: The problem called “rainout” can be fixed by using heated CPAP tubing. Rainout occurs when the most air delivered by your CPAP is warmer room air.
Comfort is a great dealing when it comes to CPAP devices. If you find your experience with CPAP uncomfortable, then you will struggle to use it as you must.
- Humidification: Studies shows that breathing warm, moist pressurized air via CPAP significantly reduces problems with congestions, sore or raw nasal passages, or even nosebleeds. Most CPAP machines now incorporate an optional humidifier that uses removal chambers.
- Ramp feature: This is an important factor for people with moderate to severe sleep apnea that might struggle to adjust to higher pressures. Ramping allows the user to set the delivery of the pressure early in the sleep period so that you can fall asleep at a lower pressure.
- Noise: This is by far, the best improvement made by CPAP manufacturers. A silent CPAP machine emits less than 30 decibels, which is hardly noticeable.
- Display options: If you would like to study your data, you can get a PAP machine with a color LCD that will show your parameters, waveforms, statistics and pressure readings in real time.
When you are using a CPAP machine as a treatment for sleep apnea, you will need to see a sleep specialist or a doctor regularly. You may also require more sleep studies to adjust the CPAP machine and check if the treatment is really working. For better results, keep your machine clean. One of the most common problems with CPAP devices is that people don’t use it every night, or they take the mask off during the night because it makes them feel uncomfortable. This video provides some of the benefits that a CPAP treatment offers to improve your sleep disorder.